Thursday, May 22, 2014

Can You Tell Me How to Get to Sesame Street?

Busy, busy, busy around here!  We closed on our home here in Vegas last week and the next day put an offer on a home in Utah...yep, we are under contract!  We've experienced miracle after miracle in this process of moving our family back to where we started, we know that we have been guided through this whole journey. We know it is time for us to return, but that doesn't really make it easier to leave.  If I pretend I'm not leaving for a little while longer, maybe I'll be able to focus on the job at hand, the job I hate--packing!!  I can see why people just hire movers to do it all, I'm getting to that point.  Sometimes, I've got to ignore all the boxes and take an MDS break!
Several years ago, I made this fun card with my Stampin' Up! punches and an idea from all over the web, a cute baby card with the guys from the "Street", you know the ones; Oscar, Big Bird, Elmo and Cookie!

Anyway, as I often do, I looked at that card and said to myself, "Hey, I can create that in MDS!" So that's what I did.
It's pretty simple with different punches and a couple of stamps and embellishments. I cropped a few of the punches as well.  If you would like to see how this is done, check out this video (it's a different project, but same steps):
This card could be perfect for babies through elementary school (ok, maybe the older kids wouldn't admit to watching Sesame Street, but I know they do!!) If you have questions regarding any of the punch shapes, leave a comment and I will let you know which ones they are.
Time to move along to the next blogger, Julie L., she's always got something fun to share!
I hope you will stick with me through this move.  I may not be posting very much for the next 3 to 4 weeks, but once I get settled in, I will get right back to creating!!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment