Thursday, March 13, 2014

MDS Blog Hop--Cut it Out!!

Ok, I have finally tried my hand at using MDS with an e-cutter (thanks to my bestie, Jeanna B) and I LOVE it!  I'm glad that we had 'using e-cutters' as a theme for our hop this time. I will  definitely be putting one my wish list this year!  I saw a card a few years ago that caught my eye and I pinned it thinking that I would somehow replicate it with MDS, but I never got to it. As I was thinking about what to create for this blog hop, that card popped back in my head, and luckily Stampin' Up! has a plethora of downloads to create it.
The numbers were from Days in December stamp brush set and a few different alphabet/number punches.  I laid them out all over the card front and then cut it out just smaller than the card base.  Because it was my first e-cutter project, I didn't think too much about the small cuts and the tiny corners that were cut off, I will keep that in mind next time.  I just love the way it came out.  I added the Bermuda Bay ribbon for some color, but it looks fine without it as well (more masculine).  My husband even said "Ooo, that's cool!!"  I hope these blog hop creations give you some inspiration to create your own e-cutter project (or even just a pattern to cut out by hand), it really is super easy.

Hop on over to Rochelle (Julie L. is on vacation this week) I'm sure she will have something completely darling to share, like always!! Leave some comments for the girls too!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment