Thursday, August 15, 2013

MDS Blog Hop--Time for School!

Ten days and counting down before my baby starts her senior year of high school!  Wow, has it really been that long?  It's amazing how you blink and they are all grown up!  It's also hard to believe that my oldest will be 21 next week!  Really? A full-on adult?  I don't remember getting old!  Well, as my shock is settling in, I will post my very first MDS blog hop project as an OFFICIAL MDS HOP DESIGN TEAM MEMBER!!!  WOOT WOOT!!  I was so honored to be asked when I went to convention! I don't feel quite up to par with the other talented ladies on the Design Team, but I hope to learn as much as I can from each one of them!  Each one has a beautiful style all their own and they always amaze me with their fantastic projects each month--it'll be hard to keep up with these creative gals, but I will do my best!
Now, on to the projects!  This month's theme is school/pocket card project, but since I think I'm the only one without young'uns, I couldn't really get away with some of the cutesy, fun posters that are all over Pinterest for the first day of school and I really struggled with what to do.  Then I remembered my daughter's huge binder for her kindergarten class. (She gets to teach kindergarten a few days a week at her school!) It's not a normal size binder, it's a crazy big binder that only comes in a few dull colors (yawn!!!) She has class assigments, projects, worksheets, activites, ideas and tons of other papers.  She carries this 4-5" binder around all the time and I thought it would be fun to make a nice cover sheet to spice it up a bit.
Download

Download
I did two different styles, one a little more pretty and one more fun. You can download them for free!  I deleted the name so you can add whatever you want in the box. The first one uses mostly Be Yourself components and the second one uses a mix of several stamps from Seriously Aweseome, Game Day, Fantabulous You, Today & You, and Border Banter. You can find all of these sets here.  Make sure you check out all of the fun school projects the other hoppers have come up with!  A quick congrats to our resident Stampin' Up! Artisan team members, Jeanna Bohanon and Cindy Schuster, they are so deserving! And a welcome to my cyber friend, Cori Kozak, who is the newest crazy-talented design team member with me!




Happy hopping!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment