Monday, July 29, 2013

Sweet Smile

I've been a scrapbooker for more than 20 years, so switching to digital scrapbooking was a little out of my comfort zone, to say the least!  I loved using MDS for cards and home decor, but scrapping with it was another story!  It sounds pretty funny now, but my mind just has a problem translating on a spatial level I think.  I'm feeling a little more comfortable now that I have jumped in with both feet, but it's still a work in progress!!  Anyway, here's another Artisan contest entry. This one is of my daughter and my niece.  I am not a great photographer, I don't even have a really good camera, but I caught this darling smile on my two week old niece's face--I will call it a smile no matter what anyone else says!!

I used Twitterpated DSP and filled the punch I created in MDS, I think I called it "trapezoid".  I also created the flower punch, filled it with Baja Breeze and then used the crop tool to crop the shape of the flower in the Naturals Composition overlay stamp. I used the freeform line tool to make my stitched heart and finally, I cropped a small section of stitching, recolored it and enlarged it.  Background was also Naturals Composition overlay cropped into plank sizes. Check out my YouTube videos on cropping stamps and editing punches. Try our 30-day free trial for MDS or purchase MDS for only $19.95!   

I hope you are enjoying your summer!  Stay cool!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment