Tuesday, July 23, 2013

MDS Blog Hop--Baby Ark


I'm still not quite recovered from my trip to Salt Lake City for Stampin' Up!'s annual convention, which was completely awesome by the way, but I told my MDS blog hop friends I would have this post done...tick, tock, tick, tock!  So, after I dropped my daughter off at the airport at 5:30 this morning (I got home at 5pm yesterday!) I came home and tried to decide which "project I am working on" would be a fun post for today!  This is the one I came up with.  I had downloaded Two by Two because I love to use the MDS freeform brush tool almost as much as I love to watercolor with my stamps!  I tried to give it some dimension with darker colors for the shadowed parts of the image and then I copied the stamp brush and added the drop shadow and added that to the bottom layer to create the shadow (the shadow sometimes doesn't show as well with the coloring tool).  The clouds were created by using the top of the cupcake punch, filling it with any DSP, double click for the punch editor,  slide your DSP completely out of the punch "window", then change your drop shadow color to Whisper White and change the blur and opaqueness to your choosing.  You are left with the "shadow" part of the punch!!  Cool, eh?  I finished the card off with some In-color ruffled ribbon (recolored) and Summer Possiblities DSP I hope you enjoy this fun baby card and if you would like more info on using the MDS freeform brush tool, you can watch my video, here.
Go check out what all the other MDS blog hoppers are working on--they are always inspiring to me!




I've got some fun stuff to share from convention, so check back soon!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment