Tuesday, April 30, 2013

May Day Blog Hop


"It's May! It's May! The lusty month of May..." my son is working as a stage manager on the production of Camelot right now, so that song was in my head! Since it's May 1st or May Day, our theme for this month's blog hop is "May Day"!  How appropriate!  My life has been a little bit crazy lately, so I'm sharing an old project I did a couple years ago as a gift for a friend, but I think that since it has flowers, it is perfect for any May Day celebration.  This is an MDS project and you will be able to download it and use it for your own home if you would like.  I have two different color options, blues or greens.  I printed this out three times (as an 8 x 8), one is for the base and then the other two were used to cut out different pieces to layer for more dimension.


I added brads, eyelets, and staples and used a square punch to punch out several squares to layer them with Stampin' Dimensionals.  In the first photo, hopefully you can see that the butterfly and the large flower have been cut out and layered on top with SD, also.  Most of the DSP I used on this one was Sunset Serenade, the flower is from For All You Do stamp set and the butterfly and "Bliss" are from Bliss stamp set (no longer available). The green one used the same stamp sets, but I used Green Tea DSP to change it up a bit. Thanks to Martha Inchley for this great idea!
Download

Download



I hope you enjoy your May day!  Make sure to check out all the other blog hoppers!  I'll be gone for a few days, but I'll be back blogging next week! You can always follow me on Instagram or Twitter to see what I'm up to!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment