Sunday, March 31, 2013

Blog Hop-Just Because


I hope everyone has had a wonderful Easter!  Our week long spring break is over and hopefully everything gets back on a regular schedule, although I'm not really looking forward to getting up early again!  It's really hard to believe it April already!  I've really been enjoying the temperature here in Vegas.  Usually we go from cold to hot and only have about two weeks of "Spring", but it's been so nice! Not too hot, not too cold, sleep with the windows open and driving with the windows down kind of days.  This is really why we live in Vegas--no crazy snowstorms like in many parts of the country.  

Well, on to the project for this month.  The theme for this month is "Just Because".  I like this theme, because it can be just about anything!  You shouldn't need an excuse to send a card to someone!

This card was a CASE from Pinterest.  I just loved the cute stitching on the hearts, so I tried it MDS style!  I used Wonderful Whimsies, Hello There, and Crushed Curry large polka dot DSP.  Very simple card.  I added a Vintage Overlay stamp around the edge to give it a sponged look.  I hope I can inspire you to create with MDS, and now you can get your own copy for $19.95, that's $60 off the original price!  Now,  get out there and send a card to someone "just because", but be sure to check out the other blog hoppers first!
Happy hopping!

Julie

10 comments:

  1. Such a fun way to stitch the hearts in place! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love that I don't need a sewing machine to make the cute stitching elements on cards!

      Delete
  2. What a fun card! I love the hearts, and the gray background is a great color choice! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I love the digital stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a FUN card!! I love the pop of bright hearts against the gray background, and the stitching across them is a very cool touch! I agree- you shouldn't need a reason to send a card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors on the hearts and the stitching is a real eye catcher. Love it!

    ReplyDelete