Thursday, February 21, 2013

Good Times, Good Friends

Here's my entry for this weeks MDS Monday challenge and Mydgitalstudio.net challenge.
MDSM 7 sketch


This weeks MDSM sketch is pretty basic, but I made just a few changes.  Digital scrapbooking is still a struggle for me, but it's better when I have a sketch to work from.  The Mydigitalstudio.net challenge is "free fonts" and I used two free fonts on this page.  The first one is Simply Glamorous and the second one is CK Jot.  I also used Natural Composition overlay (one of my favorites), stitching from Downtown Grunge, brads, Urban Oasis DSP, Urban Garden DSP, satin ribbon, flag from A Split Second.  I used the My Digital Studio color combo selector and because Livvi was wearing her Real Red dress, I clicked on Real Red and this combo was one of the options. 

This was my son's very first dance.  They had a great time at the dance and went and played glow in the dark dodge ball after the dance (each couple had matching "glow" shirts).  Too bad they didn't have any photos of that, they said they had a blast!!

Julie

10 comments:

  1. Struggle? What? Your pages are always awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok then, I won't tell you how long it took me to get this done!! Thanks though! I'm feeling more comfortable--I tend to be overly critical, sometimes I just need to "back away from the computer!"

      Delete
  2. Ha! Love the above comments! My page for free fonts took about 6 hours! Crazy... but I didn't make a mess of the stamping room. :)

    I saw your page on MDS.net already. Love it! What a lovely group of youngins. I didn't realize the Downtown Grunge stitched looked so different. I'll have to try it. Love your little ribbon loops on the side. Thanks for joining MDS Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly my stamp room is a mess anyway (my daughter was doing her history project in there)! I pulled up the Downtown grunge embellishments and I liked the stitched square but it was small--so I just enlarged it and ignored the pixelation warning (I do that a lot!). Anyway, thanks so much!

      Delete
  3. Love your take on the sketch, Julie. Lots of beautiful color and texture and wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful page, Julie! I love that heavy stitching and those great little flaps of ribbon peaking out on the right! I love that you recoloured some of the embellishments - I love the monochromatic look after recolouring! Great job with the sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at MDS Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. really nice page! i like the ribbon loops too! so cute. i usually just use the ends of a ribbon, are these parts of a cropped bow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth! Yes I did just crop the satin bow.

      Delete