Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I have so much to be thankful for this holiday!  I have a wonderful family who loves me, a lovely home, fabulous friends.  I am so completely blessed.  We had such a nice, quiet Christmas.  The "kids" didn't get up until 9, so I just took my time getting ready.  We opened presents and then proceeded to the kitchen where the "kids" made most of the breakfast (I only assisted a bit) and David cleaned up.  We had crepes (a Christmas tradition) and candied bacon on our Christmas china and it was so yummy.  After we had cleaned up all the paper and boxes, we finished getting ready and we went to the movie theater to see Les Miserables!  Oh. WOW! It was so amazing!  I actually went into the "ugly cry" where you are trying not to make a sound but your body literally convulses with sobs!  Yep, that one!  I was careful not to disturb the others sniffling around me, but I was pretty much bawling like a baby at the end.  And I don't know about anyone else, but I so wanted to stand up at the end and start singing "Do you Hear the People Sing?"  It was so good, I will be seeing that again...and again!
I don't want to finish today before I say how thankful I am for my Savior who's birth we celebrate at this special time of year.  It is only because of him that I have all that I have and I am all that I am.  He is my example and my elder brother.  He has suffered for my sins so that I can repent and place my burden upon him.  I can never repay gift he has given, although I can live my life so that he will be pleased with my offering.  As we journey into a new year, make it one where you can be satisfied with where you have traveled this time next year, one that you have grown and progressed and done your best.  Hope your Christmas holiday was bright and that the coming year will be even brighter!










Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment