Saturday, December 1, 2012

Sweet Sabbath

The countdown is on and I'm already tired!  I want to change my focus so that I can enjoy this season instead of feeling like I'm not measuring up!  My daughter's birthday is less than a week before Christmas and despite all my best intentions, I'm never ready for Christmas until after her birthday is over.  I need to have a daily reminder why I am celebrating and what that really means!  Because He was born, my life has purpose; because He was born, I can be saved; because He was born, I will ALWAYS have one person who knows my pain and suffering!  That needs to be my focus, not all the distractions that cause me to overlook the reason for the season.
I love reading the Christmas story in  the KJV of Luke, the wording is like poetry and I've heard it and read it so many times, I practically have it memorized!  I love the fact that the shepherd were "abiding in the field" not just sitting around and that they found "the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes" and not just wrapped in strips of cloth.  He was born in the humblest of circumstances to become the King of Kings and Lord of Lords!  "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a saviour, which is Christ the Lord".  Who would've thought that this little child could change the world and save mankind?  I must make room for him in all the busyness of this holiday, in all the hustle and bustle of daily activities, in all the wretchedness of my ordinary life.  Let him in.


Have a beautiful Sabbath!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment