Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sweet Sabbath

It just seemed like yesterday when I was putting my Christmas decorations away from last year (seriously, I think it was at least a week into the new year before I put everything away)!  I can't believe it's the Christmas holiday already!  I am excited for Christmas and I am looking forward to the wonderful celebrations that this special season brings.  One month from today we will celebrate the birth of the Savior of the world, Jesus Christ, and I will do my best to share his love with those around me.  I know he lives and that he loves all of his children.  He is my example, my elder brother, and my personal savior.  I will stand as a witness "at all times and in all things and in all places" even and especially when it's not popular with the world.  I know I am far from perfect, but I can be forgiven of my sins if I repent.  I am grateful for his atoning sacrifice so that I have the opportunity to return to my Heavenly Father one day. John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."  This is a gift I can never repay, but I will spend my life showing him how grateful I am for it!
I hope you have a beautiful Sabbath and enjoy this Christmas season!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment