Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sweet Sabbath

My cup was filled today as I was reminded about selfless service and what it means to be more like the Savior.  I know I can be a better visiting teacher (listen more, talk less), and Primary leader (hug more, "shush" less), and mother (love more, yell less) and wife (kiss more, nag less)!  I have a long way to go, but I'm headed in the right direction--that should count for something, right?  This song always seems to lift my spirit and remind me who I am and where I'm going.
"Come thou fount of ev'ry blessing, tune my heart to sing thy grace; Streams of mercy never ceasing call for songs of loudest praise.  Teach me some melodious sonnets, sung by flaming tongues above.  Praise the mount!  I'm fixed upon it, mount of thy redeeming love."
"prone to wander, Lord I feel it, prone to leave the God I love; Here's my heart, O take and seal it. Seal it for thy courts above."

Happy Sabbath!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment